[TYPO3-core] FYI: Feature #6668: Let htmlArea RTE use the Ajax request of the Prototype framework

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Nov 11 10:45:33 CET 2007

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> Ingo Renner a écrit :
>>
>> cool, thanks Stan!
>>
> Suddenly I am not sure htmlArea RTE should use the Prototype framework.
>
> In the frontend, if the RTE uses a specific framework, then it cannot be
> used on a page that includes some plugin that is using another framework.
>
> Do we have any direction regarding such issue?

Idea:

Create a PHP interface for rteHTMLareas' AJAX needs. Create a Prototype
implementation for the BE. In the FE anyone can implement the interface
for his own AJAX framework. Besides this implementation he needs a way
to tell the the RTE that it should use his class for AJAX.

Additionally there could be one TER extension that provides for the sake
of convenience those classes for common frameworks.

Note: I have no idea how much those frameworks differ and how difficult
it therefore is to create a useful interface.

Masi