[TYPO3-core] FYI: Feature #6668: Let htmlArea RTE use the Ajax request of the Prototype framework

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Nov 9 23:19:35 CET 2007

"Stanislas Rolland" <stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1194633562.20416.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>Suddenly I am not sure htmlArea RTE should use the Prototype framework.

>In the frontend, if the RTE uses a specific framework, then it cannot be
>used on a page that includes some plugin that is using another framework.

>Do we have any direction regarding such issue?

>Stanislas

this of coarse is a problem. e.g. EXT has Problems with this if not using
prototype as base. I think mootools and jquery is no problem.

May be the jsmanager from Joerg Schoeppet and some ECT-Members can help in
future, there is a very good concept to prevent "cross-includes".
I don't see a simple solution atm - it should be announced that rte is using
prototype.

vg  Steffen