[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6635: Allow dynamic values in TCAdefaults

Christian Trabold christian.trabold at dkd.de
Fri Nov 9 18:14:30 CET 2007

Hi,

>>> I got question: So pageTSconfig is overwriting userTSconfig... isn't
>>> it usually the other way around?
>>
>> this is ok. It's a feature that has been implemented on 2007-07-06 by
>> Wolfgang Klinger (see changelog &
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1919 for details).
>>
>> My patch should have no side-effects on this feature.
>>
>> The patch just removes one foreach-loop, merges the two
>> TSconfig-Arrays to one Array and adds the userFunc to TCAdefaults...
>> pretty straightforward.
>
> But the diff is hard to read as Wolfgang code's is -ed at the bottom,
> while your code is +ed at the top. Hard to tell if there are no side
> effects.

@Diff-File: Is there a problem with the diff I don't see? I made the
diff against head with Eclipse "Team > Create Patch"... as usual.

@Sideeffects: That's why it should be tested by others ;)

But serious: Of course this patch has been tested in action and reviewed
before it has been published on this list by other developers.

To make testing easier, I attached an example script and some example
TSconfig:

TCAdefaults.tt_content {
   date {
     userFunc =
fileadmin/_temp_/class.tx_dynamictcadefaults_defaultvalue.php:tx_dynamictcadefaults_defaultvalue->getDefaultValue
     userFunc {
       title = whatever
     }
   }