[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Nov 9 01:39:54 CET 2007

Ingo Renner wrote:
Hello Steffen, Ingo, and the rest

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> Solution:
>> enabled tabs in edit page record
>
> ok, this one went through a little too quick.
> In general I like the patch but it's inconsistent in some places:
>
> * Why "Not in menu" does have a separate files tab whereas in "Advanced"
> the files are under Metadata, where IMO thy do not belong to
> * "Shortcut" and "External URL" have their specific settings on the
> general tab while mount pages have a separate tab for mount settings
> * "Recycler" has no Tabs at all
>
> So Steffen, can you provide a little follow up patch with the following,
> please? I'll then commit that patch.
>
> * move files in the advanced type to a separate tab
> * add a tab for all types "Access" containing time settings and FE groups
> * move shortcut settings in "Shortcut" and URL settings in "External
> URL" to separate tabs to keep the general tab "genral" and equal for all
> types
> * add a "general" tab to "Recycler" and maybe remove the access settings
> as they won't have an effect on the FE anyways (please anybody correct
> me if I'm wrong here)
>

> other then that: keep up the work!
> Ingo

Hi Steffen, Ingo, and the rest

I started to give my 5 cents in hci, but I think it is better to do it here.

If I want to set a shortcut, I need to fill in the shortcut settings,
and if want to set external url, the field is required. Why should users
   need an extra click for inserting what is required?

I do not see a point in having the same fields in general for all page
types. In contrary, this will make it unintuitive to inspect what is
special about the given doktype.

Prosit Uschi