[TYPO3-core] RFC: 0006652: Enable the option to hide the checkboxes "extended view", "clipboard", "localization"

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Nov 5 13:59:28 CET 2007

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> I (and almost everybody arounded me who uses TYPO3) usually hit the
> "extended view" button once and that's it. Then I'm in that mode for the
> whole installation.

There is a different practice here, especially when it comes to multilanguage web sites. Sorry but I veto this change specifically for List module. However I am ok with RTE button in the TCEforms - move it to user settings if you wish, I am happy to give my +1 on this! :)

> of the editing page ("Disable Rich Text Editor"), I don't see any
> consistency there. If people know that there is ONE place to configure
> their whole environment, they will always come back to that place and
> change their settings (done with 3 clicks).

I agree but I still want those in button in List module. They are used only by List module, therefore they are properties of List module. RTE buttons appear in almost every form, so they are more like user preferencies. These are two different types of settings.

> We have stuff in there like "Wide document background" -- this is just
> nonsense nowadays

Generally yes. I would favor 100%-width form.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/