[TYPO3-core] RFC: 0006652: Enable the option to hide the checkboxes "extended view", "clipboard", "localization"

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Nov 5 10:19:32 CET 2007

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> I was actually thinking the last weeks of moving these options in the
>> user preferences since it clearly belongs there. What do you think?
>
> I would actually prefer a rewritten user preference because what I don't
> like there is a all-or nothing-concept.
>
> E.g. the option "File upload in Doc module", or "Recursive copy/delete"..
> In many cases I don't want that do be changed by the user who just
> should change name/password/skin ...
>
> what you think?
> but no discussion here ;)

The current user preferences suffer exactly from the limitatons for the
admin to restrict the settings of some values. Tapo Markula has IIRC done
something about this in one of his extensions.

Just a note: an admin may want to prohibit the changing of a field. So the
field could be hidden. But he may also want to show the value (set via
override value in TSconfig) to the user. Probably there are some more
things to check.

But generally I think that the user preference module should only be an
interface to TSconfig.

Masi