[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 6625: Cleaner Backend: alt_doc.php Part 1

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Thu Nov 1 15:42:23 CET 2007

Hey all,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature / Cleanup

BT: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6625

Problem / Solution:

Approaching some improvements coming from the HCI head team, I took some
time to recode parts of the header of the alt_doc.php document. Some key
changes

* Only content part is scrollable now
* Reordering the Header-Icons according to HCI mockup
* Content table has a dynamic width
* Less <table>s (more improvements to come).
* Some refactoring of a couple of functions in alt_doc.php for future
improvements.

Notes:
Tested in IE6+7, FF 2. IE6 has problems with the scrolling of a div with
full height, so this needs some extra JS code (6 lines), anyway, works
like a charm now.

See this patch as commit early and often. Some things are not perfect
yet like the buttons and the arrangement of the buttons. This is
something we can fix later IMHO. I think there will be an overhaul for
the buttons for 4.2
I suggest that any comments on the usability / style should be discussed
in the HCI list, the draft has been around for quite some time now.

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org