[TYPO3-core] Reminder: RFC 5588: Typolink cannot be created if FE user is logged in with access restrictions

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed May 23 18:29:52 CEST 2007

Hello Oliver,

>>> I found the following in your patch:
>>> ... || $conf['typolink.']['linkAccessRestrictedPages']) ? TRUE : FALSE;
>>> But you're already in the method "typoLink(...)" - thus
>>> $conf['linkAccessRestrictedPages'] should be enough.
>> Ok, I have changed this now.
>
> There's another thing that came into my mind:
> What if config.typolinkLinkAccessRestrictedPages=1 and
> typolink.linkAccessRestrictedPages=0 - e.g. if an extension specifically
> wants to have the access checks on restricted pages even if the global
> setting is to skip them. Currently this is not possible. What do you
> think about?

We could add an overwrite typolink configuration for this case:

linkAccessRestrictedPagesOverwrite = 1

If this is set then the settings of the global config setup is overwritten
by the typolink function call's config. If this is 0 then highest value of
both will be used.

See patch for discussion.

 - Franz