[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 1537: shortcut icon syntax incorrect/incomplete

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Sat May 19 16:44:26 CEST 2007

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
The html code for shortcut/fav icons is not correct / incomplete

Solution:
modify it to be more compatible

Comments:
After some research I couldn't find a clear definition but
suggestions to add both versions of html code to maximize
compatibility. Although it is often recommended to use .ico files
other images types (jpeg, gif, png, bmp) do work. Becuase of that I
think simply adding image/x-icon as mime type would be wrong.
mime_content_type can be used to determine the correct mime type if
available, the newer Fileinfo PECL extension is rare I guess so that
it doesn't make much sense to use it...