[TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed bug 5047

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Fri May 11 21:59:22 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> FYI: I just fixed  5047 (no-brainer)
>
> Hm, you didn't care to read my comment, do you? And where? Trunk and/or
> TYPO3_4-1?
>
> Ok, here's my comment which I also presented to the HCI group (cross post):
>
> Don't repeat the obvious (the file extension) in the icon. Instead use a
> set of icons to represent the type of the document. We could group the
> documents like this and have generic icons for each type (must of course
> be skinnable in BE and - separately - in FE):

MP3 are often represented with MP3 letters in icons. I see no problem
with this particular icon. And I think it is especially good that icon
for MP3 is distinct. I would also be much more happy to see separate
icons for wav, wma and other formats because it helps to recognize them
much quicker. Icons are larger than file extension and all in the same
line while extensions are in different position.

I do not think we should use the same icon for particular file types
(audio, visdeo, etc) but if we could make they look similar and distinct
at the same time - this would be great.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/