[TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed bug 5047

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 11 21:08:13 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> FYI: I just fixed  5047 (no-brainer)

Hm, you didn't care to read my comment, do you? And where? Trunk and/or
TYPO3_4-1?

Ok, here's my comment which I also presented to the HCI group (cross post):

Don't repeat the obvious (the file extension) in the icon. Instead use a
set of icons to represent the type of the document. We could group the
documents like this and have generic icons for each type (must of course
be skinnable in BE and - separately - in FE):

text (plain text, ms word, oo writer, etc)
spreadsheets (csv, ms excel, oo calc, etc)
presentations (ms powerpoint, oo impress)
web images (gif, png, jpeg, etc)
other images (tiff, bmp, etc)
videos (mpeg4, windows media video, quicktime, etc)
interactive videos (flash, etc)
audio (MP3, windows media audio, ogg vorbis, etc)
executables (exe, com)
scripts (exe, com, bat, sh, php, py, etc)

Masi