[TYPO3-core] RFC: fixed bug 4575: Changes in alternative page language does not clear cache

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu May 10 12:02:13 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote: on 02.05.2007 12:06:

> This is SVN patch request
>
> Branches: trunk & 4.1
>
> Problem: when page is translated (= "alternative page language" record
> is created in "pages_language_overlay"), page cache is cleared only for
> that page. It means that menus on sibling and parent pages will still
> show old page title while this page will show translated one. Users have
> to manually clear cache for pages after thay translate (easy to admin
> but hard to normal user).
>
> Solution: "pages_language_overlay" table keeps portions of data from
> "pages" table (translated parts), so should be treated the same way as
> "pages" table. This way function TCEmain::clear_cache() takes care about
> clearing cache as necessary for pages.

I like the change, but I think that modifying $table and $uid can be
dangerous, as we call a hook later (clearPageCacheEval and
clearCachePostProc) that gets $table and $uid as input. So if there is a
hook out there that wants to handle something on a cache-clearing on
specific page_language_overlay's, it will no longer work.

So +1 if you modify it not to change $table/$uid anymore, or convince me
that this is not a problem at all. ;)

Cheers,
Ernesto