[TYPO3-core] Core patch request

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Mar 30 20:08:34 CEST 2007

Hi Kasper,

> A few patches to the core:

Thanks for posting them here.

> - Added internal flag that will trigger MySQL EXPLAIN output from the
> t3lib_db class. This can be useful for debug scenarios where you want
> to watch which indexes are used on queries.

Interesting idea! I tested it, and it works fine. What I did not understand
was why people would want to separate between BE and FE while doing this. I
think it may be more useful to do the debugging based on the devIPmask(?)

If you like, I will take care of adjusting this.

> I realize that a similar thing could be done with the DBAL extension or
> should probably be made as an extension that XCLASSES t3lib_db. Feel free
> to turn this one down. I just felt it was practical, but maybe its too
> much over head.

I agree, will forward this to Karsten.

> - Added comments about word indexing to t3lib_refindex (no brainer)

No-brainer, but good to know. Thanks!

> - Modified the t3lib_div::debugRows() function (no brainer as well)

The flag name returnHTML is misleading because both options will output HTML
content. But that is just a detail.

> Please let me know if I can commit it (stucki?)

Yes, go ahead! Since these are all features, I assume you will commit them
to Trunk only...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out