[TYPO3-core] RFC: clear cache does not remove files in typo3temp/cache_pages

Dmitry Dulepov 9f4eetb02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:03:07 CET 2007

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I think that I have seen the custom to use an underscore as first letter
> of private functions (somewhere else but also in the Core). What do you
> think of that?

Our coding conventions do not specify anything... When we are ready to
move completely to PHP5, it will not be an issue. But now I wanted to
emphasize that this function is for internal use only.

> But more important, there is a locking mechanism missing. New pages
> could be cached while you're busy deleting the cache directory. Will
> this be a problem or is this handled gracefully as a "cache miss"?

Can be. Synchronizing database and file operations would be too hard.
The problem can be solved by swapping file deletion with clearing
cache_pages data.

> PS: Will the cache-file be deleted when I clear the cache of an
> individual page?

Currently no. The reason is that the code for clearing single page cache
is quite complex. It looks for related pages and clears them as well. I
though I will make a second patch for it. Otherwise the change will be
too large for a single commit.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/