[TYPO3-core] RFC: clear cache does not remove files in typo3temp/cache_pages

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Mar 15 15:46:43 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Branches: HEAD, 4.1, 4.0
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4447
>
> Problem: when user clears FE or page cache and cachePagesToExternalFiles
> is enabled, those files are never deleted. Later they can be regenerated
> but with another name leaving old file forever in the file system.
>
> Solution: when cache is cleared, walk directory and remove files as well.
>
> Patch is created over HEAD but will be applied to 4.0 and 4.1 as well
> because it is a bug.

I think that I have seen the custom to use an underscore as first letter of
private functions (somewhere else but also in the Core). What do you think
of that?

But more important, there is a locking mechanism missing. New pages could
be cached while you're busy deleting the cache directory. Will this be a
problem or is this handled gracefully as a "cache miss"?

Masi

PS: Will the cache-file be deleted when I clear the cache of an individual
page?