[TYPO3-core] Name clash in module and context menus

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Mar 5 10:35:34 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> I think we should rename the context menu "versioning" to "manage
>> versions". If we should not remove "Send to review/pub", we should at
>> least rename it to "versioning" (like Web>view and context menu "view").
>
> I should we exclude it totally because it is not the most requested
> operation.

I noticed after posting that on a versioned page (or root page of a
versioned branch) the context menu entry has a different meaning. It will
pop up the "send to review" or "approve for publish" dialog box where you
can add the comment.

So it's not that bad, but has only a bad name and appears whene it
shouldn't (not a versioned page). Another usability problem is that you
don't know what will happen. Will you send the page to te reviewer, will
you approve the page for publishing?

All in all I am for removing the item until it can be change so that it
does not appear on not versioned pages. And on versioned pages it shall
appear as "send to review" or "approve for publish" depending on the state
of the page.

Masi