[TYPO3-core] RFC: TCAdefaults in page TS

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Jun 3 11:42:19 CEST 2007

Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
> *hiya!*
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> Branch: Trunk
>>> Bugtracker: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1919
>>>
>>> Set TCAdefaults per page.
>>
>> Yes, please. You forgot to add the documentation.
>
> I would simply reference this page:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsconfig/4.1.0/view/1/2/#id3822379
>
> here:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsconfig/4.1.0/view/1/3/#id3521576
>

> and complete this list:
>
> 1. Value from $TCA
> 2. Value from User TSconfig (these settings)
> *new* --> 3. Value from Page TSconfig (same syntax)
> 4. Value from “defVals” GET vars (see alt_doc.php)
> 5. Value from previous record based on 'useColumnsForDefaultValues'

Good. I was just reminding you of the "new features must have docs
before they can be commited" rule.

>>> The attached patch adds this feature
>>> after inclusion of default settings in user/group TS
>>> (so settings in page TS overwrite settings in user/group TS).
>>
>> Does it make sense to have two settings? One before the user/group
>> settings and one after it.
>
> I disagree as this is probably a special case, but I'm not
> sure... convince me.

I don't need to convince you. I was asking the question, IF it would
make sense. I don't know. I'm happy with your patch as it is. But I
don't want to have a page setting added later on with an odd TS syntax
just because we have already the override settings.

Masi