[TYPO3-core] RFC: TCAdefaults in page TS

Wolfgang Klinger wolfgang at stufenlos.net
Sun Jun 3 07:52:40 CEST 2007

*hiya!*

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Branch: Trunk
>> Bugtracker: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1919
>>
>> Set TCAdefaults per page.
>
> Yes, please. You forgot to add the documentation.

I would simply reference this page:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsconfig/4.1.0/view/1/2/#id3822379
here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsconfig/4.1.0/view/1/3/#id3521576

and complete this list:

1. Value from $TCA
2. Value from User TSconfig (these settings)
*new* --> 3. Value from Page TSconfig (same syntax)
4. Value from “defVals” GET vars (see alt_doc.php)
5. Value from previous record based on 'useColumnsForDefaultValues'

>> The attached patch adds this feature
>> after inclusion of default settings in user/group TS
>> (so settings in page TS overwrite settings in user/group TS).
>
> Does it make sense to have two settings? One before the user/group
> settings and one after it.

I disagree as this is probably a special case, but I'm not
sure... convince me.

I used this to set different default values for page branches
and with some userFunction condition magic even for columns too.

bye
Wolfgang