[TYPO3-core] RFC: Moving t3lib_TCEforms_inline::getJSON() to t3lib_div::array2json()

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 30 08:39:21 CEST 2007

Hi Oliver,

>>> yes, the movement of the getJSON function is ready for being committed.
>>> If t3lib_ajax should also be removed in this step, I have to check
>>> deeper, where this is currently integrated and how it could be changed
>>> easily be e.g. prototype.js.
>>
>> Removing t3lib_ajax can still be done later.
>
> hm... if we'd use PHP 5.2.0 for TYPO3 4.2 it could be done with the
> built-in JSON extension of PHP. In this case this file could be removed
> from the typo3/contrib/ directory and we could easily use "json_encode()".
>
> Read here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.json.php

Hmm, that's a change I would like to wait for. See my post about switching
to PHP5 (http://buzz.typo3.org/people/stucki/article/leaving-php4-behind/)
where I've mentioned that development stays compatible with PHP 5.1 until
the situation with Redhat and SuSE enterprise versions has been clarified.

I suggest you move it for now, and we discuss the removal at a later time...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out