[TYPO3-core] RFC: Moving t3lib_TCEforms_inline::getJSON() to t3lib_div::array2json()

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jul 23 16:48:36 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> Am 23.07.2007 um 16:01 schrieb Oliver Hader:
>
>> hm... if we'd use PHP 5.2.0 for TYPO3 4.2 it could be done with the
>> built-in JSON extension of PHP. In this case this file could be removed
>> from the typo3/contrib/ directory and we could easily use
>> "json_encode()".
>>
>> Read here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.json.php
>
> does php5 come with JSON by default? If so, I'd say go for it.

As of 5.2. IMHO 5.2.0 had (memory) troubles, so I voted for 5.1 as a
minimun requirment. Of course we can hope that with 5.2.6 or whatever is
out next year when we ship 4.2 everything will be alright.

But we can simply load the PHP code if the JSON PHP extensions is not
present. I assume here that the API is the same or that if it isn't writing
a wrapper is trivial.

Masi