[TYPO3-core] RFC: Various admin panel improvements

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jul 27 17:38:23 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner wrote: on 26.07.2007 22:03:

>> - Changed all font-tags (deprecated) into valid markup. However, I'm
>> not sure
>>   which is the correct pendant for <font size="1">. For now I'me
>>   using "font-width:0.6em" but I'm open for feedback on that...
>
> I'd like to use a fixed px font size as em will shrink if you zoom using
> certain browser's functions.
> em is also dependend on the parent containers font size IIRR.

I disagree, as you might want to zoom in/out the admin panel as well.
Why should it be fixed size?

And the admin panel is added after the closing </html>, so there are no
"parent containers" anymore. And it is not even valid XHTML anymore,
which I mentioned as a bug some years ago, but noone seemed interested
in having the position of the admin panel configurable (as a template
marker). See http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1323

Cheers,
Ernesto