[TYPO3-core] RFC: including extJS in core

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Jul 16 17:55:55 CEST 2007

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> Anyway, I really like the tree component from extJS. That's the only
> thing really stayed in my head after watching the demos.

Actually, I don't see much of a need to replace the current page tree.
It loads parts of the tree by AJAX already and the current drag and drop
implementation has got - even if it's not as intuitive - more features:
You can copy pages as well as moving, and it asks for confirmation
before actually doing the copy/move action.

> In the end I have no idea how to decide this.

No need to decide at the moment. When there's someone coming up with
good work based on a particular library, we can decide to drop or reject
it then.

cheers
Ingmar