[TYPO3-core] FYI: Announcing to drop PHP 4 support

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jul 13 09:41:13 CEST 2007

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> as we already discussed off-list, I have now announced that we are going to
> require PHP5 for TYPO3 4.2.
>
> This means that from now on, you are free to use PHP 5 specific features in
> Trunk (only Trunk for now!)

Shall we revise all files for PHP5?

We could use "real" constructors, set visibility (public, private, or
protected) and add type hintings (for object and array function arguments)
without too much pain.

Maybe the foreach($arr as &$key => &$val) feature can be employed
(carefully) during such a reviosion as well.

Other PHP5 features should probably be added with more care and
deliberation (and are probaby more work).

Masi