[TYPO3-core] FYI: Announcing to drop PHP 4 support

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Jul 13 09:37:49 CEST 2007

Robert Lemke schrieb:

> Am 13.07.2007 um 01:01 schrieb Michael Stucki:
>
>> as we already discussed off-list, I have now announced that we are
>> going to require PHP5 for TYPO3 4.2.
>>
>> This means that from now on, you are free to use PHP 5 specific
>> features in> Trunk (only Trunk for now!)
>
> HOORAY! Celebrate!
>
> (and can we switch to PHP6 in December?)

No. We still want to support the majority of installations. So I vote for
5.1 for TYPO3 4.2 and if the enterprise servers have upgraded to 5.2 a
switch to it for TYPO3 4.3 (or even 4.4).

BTW, have we agreed to raise the Mysql requirement? What is shipped with
the serves? I'm for a minimum of 4.1, I'm fine with 5.0, but would skip 4.0.

Masi