[TYPO3-core] RFC: including extJS in core

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Thu Jul 12 17:02:33 CEST 2007

Hi all,

after Kasper came up with the improved page tree I think I need to
let slip what I planed to make public at some unknown later point...

Some time ago I came across extJS [1].
It's a JS lib for building GUIs. They also include a very nice
orderable AJAX capable tree. [2]

What do you think about using that tree? I think all the features we
have now including the new features from Kasper can also be done with
that tree. Once again we could save us some work by using a good
external component.

I also like that the code in extJS is easy to understand and well
documented [3].

What I do not want though, is that we use each and every component.
Like the forms for example... In my impression the huge amount of JS
slowed down Firefox after working with it for a while. But in general
I feel that there are a lot of components we could use for TYPO3.

Last but not least I'd also like to ask you for your opinion about a
reordered menu structure I played around with [4]. Attention, this is
only a static prototype! I'd also like to point out that I'd
customize the look instead of sticking with that blue...

Ingo

[1] www.extjs.com
[2] http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/examples/tree/reorder.html
[3] http://extjs.com/deploy/ext/docs/index.html