[TYPO3-core] Improved page tree (and lots of other fixes)

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2007 at typo3.com
Thu Jul 12 15:02:42 CEST 2007

>> automatically updates when AJAX changes the tree as well. (This is
>> very
>> nice if you have a huge page tree normally unfolded)
>
> Very nice indeed. Idea: an extra checkbox next to the filter than,
> when
> checked, will make non-matching pages without sub pages disappear
> temporarily. This will shorten a possible large tree.

Right. Maybe someone can improve it to this. I don't think a check
box is needed. I just didn't have the knowledge at hand to do it (and
time). But in my opinion the filter should remove as much irrelevant
information as possible. Notice, this is no AJAX thing, it merely
traverses the DOM in the client, thats all.

>> - RTEmagic images are now duplicated when records are copied/
>> versioned
>> in tcemain. This is a long awaited feature that solves the bug
>> that RTE
>> magic images shared between too records would result in both
>> disappearing if the one was deleted. So its in fact a critical fix
>> for
>> workspaces.
>
> Would it be possible to backport that fix for 4.1 (and maybe even
> 4.0)?

You can try... Mainly changes in TCEmain

- kasper

>> - The navigation page tree is organized so that all pages shown in
>> the
>> menu are grouped in their normal order while pages not in menu and
>> sysFolders and ordered alphabetically below.
>
> Hm, could be counter-intuitive if you use a menu setting that
> ignores the
> not/hide-in-menu states. Note: the attached tiff has a sysfolder
> ("Storage
> Folder") within the list of ordinary pages.
>
> Apropos tree: lately I had the idea that we need an icon to
> represent pages
> with "show content from page". Those "magic" pages are somteimes
> confusing
> user who see only an empty page in the BE but wonder what is going
> on in
> the FE.
>
> Otherwise a fine list of changes and fixes.
>
> Kind regards,
> Masi

- kasper

NOTICE: NEW EMAIL for 2007: kasper2007 at typo3.com