[TYPO3-core] Improved page tree (and lots of other fixes)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu Jul 12 13:46:43 CEST 2007

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:

> Feature 1: In this picture you see that I have added a little filter-box
> in the top of the page tree. When you type in letters here, a JavaScript
> function will search the DOM of the page and change the class for
> entries in the tree where the title doesn't match the typed string
> (case-insensitive). If there is no match the page title is dimmed. It
> automatically updates when AJAX changes the tree as well. (This is very
> nice if you have a huge page tree normally unfolded)

Very nice indeed. Idea: an extra checkbox next to the filter than, when
checked, will make non-matching pages without sub pages disappear
temporarily. This will shorten a possible large tree.

> - RTEmagic images are now duplicated when records are copied/versioned
> in tcemain. This is a long awaited feature that solves the bug that RTE
> magic images shared between too records would result in both
> disappearing if the one was deleted. So its in fact a critical fix for
> workspaces.

Would it be possible to backport that fix for 4.1 (and maybe even 4.0)?

> - The navigation page tree is organized so that all pages shown in the
> menu are grouped in their normal order while pages not in menu and
> sysFolders and ordered alphabetically below.

Hm, could be counter-intuitive if you use a menu setting that ignores the
not/hide-in-menu states. Note: the attached tiff has a sysfolder ("Storage
Folder") within the list of ordinary pages.

Apropos tree: lately I had the idea that we need an icon to represent pages
with "show content from page". Those "magic" pages are somteimes confusing
user who see only an empty page in the BE but wonder what is going on in
the FE.

Otherwise a fine list of changes and fixes.

Kind regards,
Masi