[TYPO3-core] draft for a new/alternative version of Web>Access>Permissions

Ingo Renner typo3 at ingo-renner.com
Wed Jul 11 18:19:17 CEST 2007

Am 11.07.2007 um 17:08 schrieb Martin Kutschker:

Hi Masi,

>> As Karsten wrote I'd also like to stay with checkboxes! They're more
>> userfriendly.
>
> Well, checkboxes have only two states, but we need three: set/unset/
> no-change.
>
> In what way are checkboxes more user friendly? Radio buttons have a
> different feature set (see above) and may be replaced by a drop
> down box
> (select) but not by checkboxes.

Maybe you could provide a screenshot again to clarify what your
intention is...

I can only see two states:

you're either
	* allowed or
	* not allowed
to do something, which for me is a checkbox.

My guess is that you see it in the sense of the action of setting the
value. Then it males sense for this process of
	* setting the value to on
	* unsetting the value to off or
	* leaving it as it is.

For this you'd still need to display the current status of the value
_on_ or _off_ which again is a checkbox.

- don't make the user think, stick with known practices
Ingo