[TYPO3-core] RFC: Integrate mod.web_list.deniedNewTables as opposite of allowedNewTables

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Wed Jul 11 15:22:00 CEST 2007

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Am 06.07.2007 um 19:02 schrieb Michael Stucki:
>> REMINDER
>> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>>
>>> Problem:
>>> TSconfig mod.web_list.allowedNewTables allows to define a set of tables
>>> which are allowed as new records on a page. mod.web_list.hideTables
>>> hides existing records on a page to be displayed but doesn't affect
>>> creating new records.
>>>
>>> Solution:
>>> Integrate the opposite of allowedNewTables: mod.web_list.deniedNewTables
>
> the patch in fact denies the creation of defined tables but I found the
> following:
>
> site structure:
>
> - page A
>   \-page B
>
> if I deny tt_news on A and allow it on B I still can't create tt_news on B
>
> Is this intended?

I'm wondering because allowedNewTables should take precedence.
mod.web_list.allowedNewTables defines the tables that can be created and
denies all others that are not defined there.

Examples:
There are the following four tables:
tt_news, tt_address, tt_guest, tt_something

1) [...].allowedNewTables = tt_news,tt_address,tt_guest
-> this denies a record of tt_something from being created

2) [...].allowedNewTables = tt_news,tt_address,tt_guest
  +[...].deniedNewTables = tt_news,tt_address,tt_guest
-> still allows tt_news, tt_address and tt_guest

3) [...].allowedNewTables = tt_news,tt_address,tt_guest
-> could also be written as [...].deniedNewTables = tt_something and
avoids a long configuration line if you just want to deny a single table
out of e.g. 50

olly
--
Oliver Hader