[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 5913: RTEhtmlarea not correctly displayed in IRRE child form-fields and tabs (Part 2)

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Jul 9 18:27:26 CEST 2007


Wolfgang Klinger schrieb:
> parent
>   |
>   +-- child
>         |
>         +-- child

Especially for the extension I put to the bugtracker I wanted to make
testing easier by reusing the child-table all sub-levels. Unfortunatelly
I forgot to use the TCA property "foreign_tablefield" to identify the
relationship correctly in this case. The following happened:
* The parent record got uid "1" and the first child record (also with
uid "1") got this "1" of the parent in its pointer field
* On the next level the children is looking for other sub-children
pointing to itself. So its searching in the child table for all records
that have the uid "1" in the pointer field (fieldname "parent" in this
* And here we go, the kid finds itself and falls into an endless
recursion. Using the foreign_tablefield would prevent this.

I'm going to create a fixed version of my buggy test extension and
furthermore I found some other small thing in the patch to this RFC.

The detection of the mentioned endless recursion due to a faulty
extension will be handled in a separate bug-fix.

Oliver Hader

More information about the TYPO3-team-core mailing list