[TYPO3-core] RFC: Disable versioning in clickMenu in case...

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Jul 7 01:13:37 CEST 2007

Hi Thorsten,

me again...

> Branch: trunk, TYPO3_4-1?, TYPO3_4-0?
>
> Problem: I was a little bit irritated to find the versioning icons in the
> clickMenu when I tried to set up a BE user without access to the
> versioning module.
>
> Bug refs: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3687
>
> Solution: Use t3lib_userAuthGroup::check() to disable the clickMenu items
> when the versioning module isn't enabled.

Just checked it: Works fine, +1

I also looked at the two existing patches which are in the bugtracker, but
they both expect new property settings which is obviously not needed, so it
should be fine to delete them both.

> Note: The patch is against TYPO3_4-1. Is this a bug fix or a new feature?

Bugfix.

> Or: should this be fixed in trunk only or also in TYPO3_4-1 or even
> TYPO3_4-0? - I just found out it was already reported nearly one year ago.
> So IMO TYPO3_4-1 is rather mandatory.

Commit it to TYPO3_4-0 if you like, but the other two also seem mandatory to
me.

- michael

PS: After all: What I find much more annoying is the fact that you can open
the versioning module without having access to it. Someone should really
insert a check on top of that module...
--
Use a newsreader! Check out