[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #3552: Fatal error during backend edit

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sat Jul 7 00:52:08 CEST 2007

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
While testing Dmitrys TCEforms-section improvement, I stumbled over a rather
annoying bug that throws out a PHP error during save.

The problem is that an inexisting key of an array is being accessed.

Solution:
Check if the element exists or simply skip it.

Branches:
TYPO3_4-1 and Trunk

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3552

How to reproduce:

1. Use the T3X file appended to this message:
[Fwd: [TYPO3-core] RFC: TCEForms: allow to create many sections at once]

2. Create a plugin of type "Section test" and create one (or more) sections.
3. Now, remove all again and save the page
4. Again, add a new section and save the page.

You will get the following error:
| Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array
| in /home/mstucki/src/svn/typo3/typo3_trunk/t3lib/class.t3lib_tcemain.php
| on line 2169

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out