[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request 4886: Refresh left menu frame if extension with backend module was installed or removed

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Jan 30 23:49:37 CET 2007

Hi.

On 30.01.2007, at 11:58, Oliver Hader wrote:
> Problem:
> If an extension that contains a backend menu has been installed or was
> removed, the module link doesn't appear/disappear in the left menu
> frame. It's necessarry to reload manually to get the new module
> visible.
>
> Solution:
> The extension manager could trigger an automatic reload if a module
> was
> installed or removed by a simple JavaScript call to the menu frame.

Please have a look at #1642 (which I just created a relationship from
4886 to). It is about the same thing (and correctly states that
[sometimes?] it is also necessary to reload the top frame for new
modules to work). I commented on this and paste the comments below:

  --- snip ---
Karsten Dambekalns 20.01.06
Automatically reloading might be a bad idea, since an admin may want
to see messages produced by the installation. So it may be better to
show a link for reloading the BE.

Any other ideas?

Kay Stenschke 23.07.06

another way could be to show these informations inside a popup-
window. there could be a button "close popup and update backend"
within the popup (maybe even additional to an alternative simple
"close popup"-button (for the case that the installation failed due
to possibly not met dependecies, or the user doesnt want the backend
refreshed for other reasons).
  --- snip ---

What do you think?

Regards,