[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request 4886: Refresh left menu frame if extension with backend module was installed or removed

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jan 30 15:50:24 CET 2007

Hi!

Oliver Hader wrote:
> I forgot to reset the $_POST parameters in the initial patch file. A
> result could have been an endless loop.
> I created a new function t3lib_div::_POSTset which is similar to
> t3lib_div::_GETset.
> The updated patch file is attached.

I did not check the patch on my test site yet but after looking to the
code I have a question why this is needed:

>> +		function refresh_menu() { window.setTimeout('_refresh_menu();',0); }
>> +		function _refresh_menu()	{
>> +			var r = new Date();
>> +			// randNum is useful so pagetree does not get cached in browser cache when refreshing
>> +			window.location.href = 'alt_menu.php?randNum='+r.getTime();
>> +		}

Cannot it be done simply with a call to _refresh_menu()? It almost
identical to calling setTimeout() with zero time-out (may be except that
control does not not go out immediately from script???).

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs