[TYPO3-core] RFC: performance improvemenets for database

Andreas Otto ao-lists at php4win.de
Fri Jan 26 15:42:22 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

On Friday 26 January 2007 15:21, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> What we can do is to modify installation instructions (where are they
> actually?) and say that "Starting from version 4.1 TYPO3 uses InnoDB as
> database engine for several tables. This helps to prevent locks and
> increase performance. Also InnoDB is more crash-resistant comaring to

increase performance. InnoDB is also more crash-resistant compared to

> MyISAM. We recommend to review your MySQL configuration and ensure that

MyISAM. We recommend that you review your MySQL configuration and ensure that

> your table space has "autoexpand" option enabled. See MySQL manual for

your table space has the option "autoexpand" enabled. See the MySQL manual for

> more information about configuring InnDB. If you do not have InnoDB

more information about configuring InnoDB. If you do not have InnoDB

> enabled, MySQL will use MyISAM automatically and you need not take any
> actions".

enabled, MySQL will fallback to use MyISAM tables.

> What do you think?

+1, perfect.

--
http://typo3xdev.sourceforge.net/