[TYPO3-core] RFC: unzip_path in Ext.Manager

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jan 23 15:37:02 CET 2007

Michael Stucki wrote: on 23.01.2007 12:09:

>>> Could you please add a check if "unzip" is part of the string?
>>> BTW, don't forget to add ".exe" on Windows systems...
>>
>> That would do the same as t3lib_exec::getCommand is already doing. I
>> think this is a bit ugly to do it in more than one place. So I propose:
>>
>> 1) I add a "special handling" of the unzip path to
>> t3lib_exec::_getConfiguredApps. This would consider BE/unzip_path and
>> check if its a full path to or of the binary and set acordingly in the
>> array.
>> 2) Then I just use t3lib_exec::getCommand in all places where unzip is
>> needed.
>> 3) We mark/set BE/unzip_path as "deprecated" so it can later be removed
>> from the configuration view.
>
> Good idea, +1!
>
> Will you write this change?

Unfortunately I currently only have limited "open source time", which
allows me just to follow the core-list and give some comments (and maybe
review a patch or two) here and there.

Let's see in a month from now. But maybe someone takes my idea and gets
it done in the meantime? I wouldn't have anything against it. :)

Cheers,
Ernesto