[TYPO3-core] REMINDER: [RFC: css_styled_content & localization]

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Fri Jan 19 17:17:08 CET 2007

Michael Stucki wrote: on 19.01.2007 17:04:

> you are right, the discussion is quite long ago, and therefore I currently
> can't remember all the details why I didn't like this patch.
>
> However, after looking at this change:
>
> +       prepend = TEXT
> +       prepend.dataWrap = <a id="c{field:_LOCALIZED_UID}"></a>
> +       prepend.if.isTrue.field = _LOCALIZED_UID
>
> This will break a website in regards of HTML validity! An <a> tag requires
> either an "href" (for hyperlinks) or a "name" (for anchors) attribute! So
> "id" is not sufficient it seems.

AFAIK there is no requirement in XHTML specs for either href or name in
an A-tag:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/dtd_module_defs.html#a_module_Hypertext

      href         %URI.datatype;           #IMPLIED

the "name" attribute has been deprecated in XHTML 1.1 in favor to using
the universal "id" attribute. This has already been implemented in
css_styled_content in 4.0.x for the regular "<a>" anchors for content types:

        dataWrap = <a id="c{field:uid}"></a> |

So this is not only valid, but seems to work, as noone complained about
it...

Cheers,
Ernesto