[TYPO3-core] Do we needs docs and tests inside ADODB extensions?

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Feb 27 17:40:11 CET 2007

Hi.

On 16.02.2007, at 10:53, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> ADODB extension includes ADODB library with "cute icons for your
> site",
> docs, PEAR components, session implementation, tests and dbxml
> schemas.
> It takes 775KB on disk and contains 75 extra files. I suppose that
> none
> of it is used.

Probably not. At least not by the adodb ext or dbal.

> If it is ok with Karsten, these files can be removed. This will make
> package smaller in size and easier to checkout from svn.

Well, if I update to another ADOdb upstream version I can remove
(some of) that stuff. But I didn't do that yet, as it makes life
easier (for me) when upgrading. I can just unpack the new version,
apply any patches, double check and I am done. No need to check for
new directories, added files that I may suddenly need, ... Plus the
stuff in the extension is closer to the real thing.

Anyway, if a majority thinks it is worth it, I will remove these
folders starting with the next update:
  contrib
  cute_icons_for_site
  docs