[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #4951: SQL error when editing BE User

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Feb 16 14:59:14 CET 2007

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> Yes ok. But as far as I can see. The lostRecord method is called on only
> two places in the core. Only on of them adds "-1,0," at the beginning
> (typo3/sysext/lowlevel/dbint/index.php - line 456
> (http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/typo3api_41b3/html/typo3_2sysext_2lowlevel_2dbint_2index_8php-source.html#l00409)).
>
> All I want mention is, that it would make more sense in my opinion to
> avoid the -1 at this place and  not with a regex afterwards.

You're right. The "-1,0" only appears in lowlevel/dbint. But from there
only the function t3lib_admin::countRecords is called which walks trough
all tables defined in $TCA. So lowlevel/dbint doesn't care about a
single table in this case and thus cannot set the "-1".

> If it doesn't work out or if I'm wrong, your solution is ok for me and I
> give it a +1. :-)
> Unfortunately I can't check it because the methods are never called
> here. Maybe I have not the right circumstances to reproduce.

You can by using Tools>DB check>Record Statistics - and watch the SQL
queries in your log file... ;-)

olly
--
Oliver Hader