[TYPO3-core] RFC: Hook request in t3lib_tceforms

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Wed Feb 14 18:05:59 CET 2007

Hi,

> I remember that we discussed whether or not we should introduce new hooks in
> patch versions. The decision was that we don't!
>
> However, I still think that a hook is not a feature, and therefore should be
> ready for introduction as long as the final version *.0 is not ready.

I did not meant this patch for 4.1 ... i knew that we have feature
freeze as RC1 is out already.

Sorry I missed to add:

Branches: Trunk only

in the RFC

> First, could you initialize this as a string, please?
>
>         var $extraFormHeaders = '';

As $extraFormHeaders get's imploded() i think i should initalize it as
an array - don't you ?

> Next, please check if the string is non-empty before you implode() it.

and here i think i should do an is_array() check before imploding. else
you get unnice php complaints if somebody overwrites it with a string.

> I just tested it - works great :-) So go ahead!

So do you think I should really put this into the 4.1 branch ?

AFAIR we decided that RC-out means feature freeze ...

I would not have a problem getting this patch only into 4.1.1 or 4.2.0

I do not think there is really a problem with introducing new hooks and
moving existing ones in patch versions as long as the behaviour is not
changed)

greets,
Bernhard