[TYPO3-core] "contrib" vs system extensions

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Feb 12 14:05:21 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Fine with me. In fact I wondered why with have "ADOdb" sysext but not
>> a "prototype" extension.
>
> Because ADOdb is not required for typo3 but prototype is required now...

Ok. Makes sense to me. So let them be where they are right now.

As for PEAR, we could ship (an empty) PEAR sysext with 4.2. It won't hurt
to do so and if it eases ext. development and deploymet in some way, well
fine. Though I still fail to see the real advantage over just a simple pear
extension.

Masi