[TYPO3-core] draft for a new/alternative version of Web>Access>Permissions

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Feb 6 05:58:52 CET 2007

Hi Ingmar & Martin,

>>>A screenshot of the new interface:
>>>
>>>http://www.activesolution.at/typo3temp/pics/6344341c5d.png
>>
>> For some reason I still see checkboxes even when using your index.php,
>> strange...
>>
>> Could you upload your screenshot again to show where the checkboxes
>> should be? I must have done something stupidly wrong ;-)

It hat to be enabled explicitely by &edit=2.

> Or the patch suffers from bitrotting :-(
>
> Sorry, but I cannot revisit my patch today.

I thought this would be a nice improvement for 4.1 and had a close look at
it yesterday evening. I replaced the old functionality completely, fixed a
few glitches with "return_id" and tried out the new one (see attached
patch).

What I can say is that it seems to work perfectly, but also that it's not
that helpful as I thought it would be. It has some pros, but it also has
cons...

For instance, I sometimes have to reset the functionality of all subsites by
selecting their parent page, choosing the right recursion level, and save.
This does not work anymore because I would first have to set the proporties
for one patch (change all dropdowns to "set").

Of course this was intended, it is part of the feature. However, keeping
this old functionality seems to be still useful sometimes...

Ideas for a solution:
- Keep both versions (would be confusing, don't like that idea)
- Add some preset links on top of the selector boxes that change the
  selection by JS (what should be the default then?
- ...

In any case it seems to be too late to finish this before the 4.1 feature
freeze, but it will be great if we have it finished in 4.2...

Regards, michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out