[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request: TCEforms/IRRE - Allow TSconfig to override TCA field configuration

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 2 12:49:37 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Does it in this context make more sense to make a kind of whitelist
>> (TCA settings allowed to be overriden) rather than a blacklist
>> (forbiddden changes).
>

> One reason to use blacklists because they may be shorter than
> whitelists. Another reason is that blacklists are usually backward
> compatible: if nothing is in blacklist, everything still works.

What do you mean with still? The requested feature is new, so we can only
speak of forward-compatibilit right now. I think we'll open up a can of
worms if we allow arbitrary TCA modifications in TS (and why would be
bother to use TCA then)?

To sum it up what I think: I'm for all kind of special TS configurations
that may change labels or layout of fields, but nothing more. TCAmain must
not depend on TS settings, while TSform may (and already does).

Masi