[TYPO3-core] RFC #5065: Feature: Make hardcoded (250000 bytes) max attachment size for mailform configurable

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Dec 17 21:53:31 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote: on 17.12.2007 18:28:

>> Type: New feature
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5065
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> People using the integrated mailform functions can't create forms where
>> users would be able to send attachments larger than 250000 bytes. Larger
>> attachments very common requirement.

> +1 on reading but two suggestions
>
> Perhaps the size in TYPO3_CONF_VAR can be in kb rather than byte.

I like ries idea. So I would suggest introducing this change with
"bytes" and then add a generic "modifier conversion method" to t3lib_div
later which can then be used on that (and other) settings.

> Maybe maxAttachmentSizeFormmail instead formmailMaxAttachmentSize to be
> in line with the previous two "formmail" config vars.

Yes, I thought a bit about it, but the previous variables change the
"mode of operation" of formmail (thus "secureFormmail" and
"strictFormmail"), which this is a formMail "setting". So my "self+1" is
still for "formmailMaxAttachmentSize".

So a quick poll. What do you prefer?

- formmailMaxAttachmentSize
- maxAttachmentSizeFormmail