[TYPO3-core] RFC: Improvment #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties II

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Sat Dec 15 13:26:19 CET 2007

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Malte,
>
> great work! Here are my remarks:
>
> * Include Subpages isn't placed intuitively yet, don't know a solution
> yet for that.

But it was not placed intuitively before, because it was on tab, which
is not activated by default.

> * Labels "Hide options", "Navigation", "Cache", "Meta dates", "Frontend
> Access" should be renamed to
>  "Hide Options:"
>  "Navigation Options:"
>  "Cache Settings:" (or Options)
>  "Meta Date Fields:"
>  "Website User Access:" (remove the "Access" field name below completely
> if possible)
>  "Backend User Access:"
> Please note the colons at the end.
Ok, I was sure about it. So the idea counts ;)

Access should still be there, because if you limit the field for editors
and there only a few left. You could remove the Tabs... The meaning is
still clear

> * Please also provide CSH for these things, as well for the "Login Mode"
> option.

Does the CSH works with palettes?

> * The bugfix to my patch (doesn't show up the palette) should go in first.

Have you already tested it? It's not very complicate.

> * Can we bring "Hide in Menu" and "Navigation title" in the same line?

No problem, I had it this ways first.

> * What about moving "No search:" to "Hide Options:"?

Perhaps, much better. I had have good solution for this.

> * As talked already in this thread, please include an "Update Wizard"
> option for the fe_login_mode. We can make one single update wizard for
> the whole "pages table changes, talk to Steffen, he has some other stuff
> in the pipes (like the merging of pagetype Standard and Advanced, and
> the removal of Not in Menu). Also, we should discuss with Thomas Hempel
> on how to implement something like this in the new installer.

I already discussing with Thomas...

So I will set Login-Mode to select. So this patch is finished and than
we could make an other patch with all things for the updateWizard.

> I'd like to see these changes (if no one has better ideas or objections)
> in a new patch before I give my +1, but I really want to see this coming
> in 4.2.

Cheers,

Malte