[TYPO3-core] RFC: Improvment #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties II

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sat Dec 15 01:43:15 CET 2007

Hey Malte,

great work! Here are my remarks:

* Include Subpages isn't placed intuitively yet, don't know a solution
yet for that.

* Labels "Hide options", "Navigation", "Cache", "Meta dates", "Frontend
Access" should be renamed to
  "Hide Options:"
  "Navigation Options:"
  "Cache Settings:" (or Options)
  "Meta Date Fields:"
  "Website User Access:" (remove the "Access" field name below
completely if possible)
  "Backend User Access:"
Please note the colons at the end.

* Please also provide CSH for these things, as well for the "Login Mode"
option.

* The bugfix to my patch (doesn't show up the palette) should go in first.

* Can we bring "Hide in Menu" and "Navigation title" in the same line?

* What about moving "No search:" to "Hide Options:"?

* As talked already in this thread, please include an "Update Wizard"
option for the fe_login_mode. We can make one single update wizard for
the whole "pages table changes, talk to Steffen, he has some other stuff
in the pipes (like the merging of pagetype Standard and Advanced, and
the removal of Not in Menu). Also, we should discuss with Thomas Hempel
on how to implement something like this in the new installer.

I'd like to see these changes (if no one has better ideas or objections)
in a new patch before I give my +1, but I really want to see this coming
in 4.2.

--
greetings,
benni.