[TYPO3-core] RFC #6957: Remove bottom button panel in alt_doc.php

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Dec 15 11:44:50 CET 2007

Hi!

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> Please just remove the function makeButtonPanel() instead of marking it
> as deprecated. As alt_doc.php is a SOBE script (i.e. the class is
> initiated within the same file) it is very unlikely that removing that
> function will break anything.

May break XCLASSes?

What about keeping it in 4.2 with "trigger_error('This option is obsolete and should not be used any more')" and removing in 4.3? Just an idea. Not that I insist, we can remove it as well. Just thought trigger_error() is more developer-friendly then "call to non-existing..."

Otherwise +1 to the patch.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team