[TYPO3-core] RFC: Improvment #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties II

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Dec 14 11:26:20 CET 2007

"Oliver Hader" <oh at inpublica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1197627040.6047.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Steffen,
>
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Oliver Hader" <oh at inpublica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1197574917.23769.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> Hi Malte,

>>> The field "fe_login_mode" is changed from the values "1" (disabled) and
>>> "2" (enabled) to a simple check box. For usability this is fine, but
>>> there must be a handling to convert the old data "{1;2}" to "{0;1}".
>>>

>> there is no need for that, because core does not difference, the check is
>> only in tslib_fe:
>>
>> $disable = (int)$this->rootLine[$a]['fe_login_mode'] === 1 ? TRUE :
>> FALSE;
>>
>> so value of 2 doesn't affect (same as 0)
>
> Additionally the label of that field has to be changed to "Enable FE
> Login" or to "Disable FE Login". Let's assume this field is called
> "disable" in future, thus a value of "1" means "Disable FE Login".
>
> Now imagine a page record that has this field set to "2" (which meant
> "Enable FE Login"). Now the patch is applied and a BE user modifies some
> fields of that page record but doesn't change the "fe_login_mode" field.
> This field will now be stored as "1" to the database which means now
> "Disable FE Login".
>
> This shows, that this has of course to be handled by an update wizard or
> whatever. Furthermore, as Masi wrote, this has to be marked with "!!!"
> in the ChangeLog and NEWS.txt.
>
> olly
> --

for labeling we asked in hci-list some times ago, there was no result at
all. I also have no good idea for a well speaking label for this field.

With Update wizard you're right as this change 2=>1. Adding a routine to
update wizard atm is difficult because the new installer is part of trunk
and doesn't handle it so far, i struggled also with adding functions to this
(double includes etc.), so may be this can be tagged for later doing ?

May be we should collect the issues for update wizard in wiki or BT to have
them all in one place so we don't forget something.

vg  Steffen