[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6924: t3lib_div::readLLXMLfile does not use localized content anymore

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Wed Dec 12 08:20:22 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> Correct. Files in typo3temp/llxml must take preference over files in
>> extension. This is required for correct translation handling.
>
> Sorry, wrong answer. I am so deep in llxmltranslate and all around
> translations that I start mixing up things. I ment typo3conf/l10n of
> course.

Okay. Then we have two cases:

1) LL file is cached in typo3temp/llxml and pointing e.g. for 'de' to a
file in typo3conf/l10n which doesn't exist
2) LL file is cached in typo3temp/llxml and the labels e.g. for 'de' are
serialized there (because the cached file was there before this change)

So, what happens if there's a new file in typo3conf/l10n? The current
concept only uses this file if the cached data in typo3temp/llxml was
deleted or rewritten.
And the next thing is, that it might happen, that a file is removed
again from typo3conf/l10n (that's the sitation we currently have with
this issue, that a file does not exist or was removed).

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/