[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6924: t3lib_div::readLLXMLfile does not use localized content anymore

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Tue Dec 11 18:11:23 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> Correct. Files in typo3temp/llxml must take preference over files in
>> extension. This is required for correct translation handling.
>
> Sorry, wrong answer. I am so deep in llxmltranslate and all around
> translations that I start mixing up things. I ment typo3conf/l10n of
> course.
Yesterday, I had a new locallang_db.xml
In the typo3temp/llxml was a file created (linking to
typo3conf/l10n-file). But there was no file in the typo3conf/l10n.

After patching, I cleaned typo3conf-cache, it did not work...
So I removed the files in 'typo3temp/llxml' and the patch works...

So I assueme, that you have to clean the 'typo3temp/llxml'...

> * * *
>
> According to the source code, system will check *short* md5 of the some
> generated desciptor of the file (name + timestamp). Is it possible that
> short md5 check is failing in your case?
>
> By the way, should we drop short md5 check there in favor of full md5
> check? This does not affect compatibility but makes more reliable check
> in general.

But this should be down later...

Cheers,

Malte